Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 12 7/20/11

Our little cabin took on a whole new look today.  with the completion of the second and remaining dormer, the front side of our cabin is starting to take shape.


I ordered the windows for the dormers and the one going above the bathroom (in the loft) today.  Because they are custom windows, they will take 7-10 business days before I will see them.  I should have ordered them sooner as I am hoping to have the door and all other windows installed by the end of the weekend.  Of course I still have to sheet the other side of the roof and finish framing in the end walls.


Installing the trim has helped to transform the look.  Since the trim above dormers attaches right to the plywood, I will probably pull them off and get the tyvek under it.  All the trim is tacked on only for now.


I am still hopeful for a completion by the end of August, but I can see there is still so much to do.  I put in 7 more hours today.  (76 total man hours)

No comments:

Post a Comment