Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 28 10/1/2011

I guess the time has come to start insulating and putting up some Pine 3/8" x 3 1/2" tongue and groove pine.  I insulated the end wall and used all the scrap insulation to fill all the gaps around the windows. 
The window will get a ripped down 1" x 4" on the inside (still coming) and then trimmed around the face with a 1 1/2" x 1/4" pine trim.  For now, I am just cutting around the windows. 


I finished the pine on the end wall.  I attached them with 1" nails from my nailer.  I decided to face nail instead of trying to angle the nails near the tongue.  The boards are so thin that face nailing felt more secure. 
The end wall is completed and I look forward to finishing the rest of the pine.  I worked about 4 hours today (194 total man hours to date)

No comments:

Post a Comment