Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 19 & 20 8/27/11-8/28/11

OK SEATTLE, BRING ON THE RAIN!  I CAN TAKE IT CAUSE THE ROOF IS DONE!

The roof took a lot more time to complete than I thought.  Once again, the dormers are the reason the roof taking so long.  Nearly every roof panel needed a cut with an angle.  And it seemed like half my time was spent on the ladder as it was up and down, up and down on the ladders.
The roof is a standing seam and is designed so that you see very few screws.  Because this unit is a travel trailer, I decided to add some extra screw where I thought they might be needed.  The screws all have washer and seal themselves once screwed in.


I can't believe I am saying that I look forward to the rain and snow.  I plan on putting together a large material list next which will include the the remaining plumbing material, electrical supplies, cedar siding and interior pine.

I put in 15 hours in the last two days (128 hours worked to date.)

2 comments:

  1. This is really looking nice. I'm anxious for some interior shots ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nee.trauma@Gmail.comMay 10, 2015 at 6:01 PM

    Hey I love your tiny house so much! It's one of the best ones I have seen on the internet, ever. Do you still have any rough plans or dimensions ? I would love to build one just like this. Thanks! Great work. love your blog.

    ReplyDelete