Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 17 8/16/11

I put in a lot of time today on the roof and got close to the half way point.  I think that a two person crew has a huge advantage over a one person crew.  I spent a lot of time going up and down ladders today.
I am happy with the roofing product so far.  The standing seam looks good and with a 7.5:12 slope, the snow will fall off nicely.  The non-dormer side went on quite well.  It was one panel after another.
I ran 3 rows of mastic on the bottom flashing to keep any water for coming back up under the roofing.  The screws that hold the roof down are all on the leading edge and then the next panel snaps on the one that is screwed down and covers the screws.
The first dormer took even longer than I thought.  Still, there was a lot of time going up and down ladders, but I took my time to make sure the angles were all cut. I am happy with how it looks, I just wish I have gotten further for the time I invested today.
I worked 8.5 hours today (109.5 total hours)

No comments:

Post a Comment