Follow by Email

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 16 8/12/11

I have finally found time to go pick up the roofing material.  We used Johnson exteriors for our roof.  They gave us a fair price and worked with me on the design to make sure all the angles were bent right.  I have not installed a roof of this design before and once I got it home, there was a lot of time spent trying to figure out which pieces go where.
I should have take the pic with everything still in my truck. The load looked better!

Before I started tacking up some of the metal flashing that hangs over the fascia, I decided to paint the fascia to make it look a little cleaner

It took 2 coats of a latex based non-transparent stain. 

I have decided that if there were no dormers, the roofing project would be 10 times faster.  I have spent a lot of time working through areas that I was not familiar with while building the dormers.  It looks like flashing and roofing them will just as much of a challenge.
I am sure that I am over thinking and over working the trim work, but there aren't spare parts which means no mistakes.  The metal roof is 16 gauge, but the ridge under the cap is 12 gauge to help with the snow load.

I have 7 hours into today (101 hours total hours to date.)

No comments:

Post a Comment